Monday, April 16, 2007

Another sad day




Seems like not so long ago I was writing about Dawson (scroll down a bit) and now this bad bad thing went down in Virginia. I'm hoping that the initial news is wrong like it was at Dawson but at this point, the death toll seems to be rising every time I check.

It's heartbreaking and having lived and worked right next door to Dawson, I know secondhand how painful it is to deal with so my thoughts go out to everybody touched by this tragedy. At the same time, it's a reminder to me of what people in Iraq have to deal with on a daily basis, we just don't get the same impact because it's so far away but a life there is worth the same as a life here right?

2 comments:

hellophotokitty said...

I remember I was sitting on the lawn in front of the Redpath museum when I saw the hellicopters whizzing by. Then one person got a phone call, then another. There had been a shooting at Dawson. I flipped - ran back to my office and called my mom.

Having been a student at dawson only a few years ago (back for AEC photography) and now working at Mcgill, it made me realize how it could have been me...

Creepy shit.
Not a good think to put montreal on the map...

Anonymous said...

check out tmz.com for more info on just how sick this guy was.