Tuesday, March 13, 2007

More cash from more chaos

The equities market has been a mess this past two weeks and I've managed to avoid a lot of pain with the following moves:

- Sold NTRI (+13%)
- Sold all tech except DIVX (-3%)
- Sold GS this morning at 205 (bought last week at 199)
- Last week bought into DIVX at $20 and VRNT at about $30 (up +1 to 3%)

So far I'm out of everything except VRNT, DIVX, TM, DEO, MPEL and a couple of agriculture and defence ETFs . I'm feeling a lot of pain on MPEL but I'm prolly going to double down as soon as it starts lifting again. I am now sitting at 65% cash. Overall, I'm still up a point since Jan 9th and I've got tons of upside coming on VRNT, DIVX & TM. Not so sure when DEO and MPEL are going to fly.

If things really crater this week I'm going to jump back in again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is totally random..but check out this Brit band...

http://www.myspace.com/themagicnumbers

Love them.

sanj said...

Cool thanks! They're kinda groovy in a lazy bathtub psychedelic way. Not exactly what I'm listening to these days but it's nice to hear some new stuff. Having said that, I had heard a spotlight on them on a college radio station on some road trip in a forgotten city recently.