Thursday, May 05, 2005

A couple of things

I picked up a Rio Carbon MP3 player the other day for my upcoming surf vacation. All this time I was thinking, what do I need a player for, I have 24/7 Internet radio and a thumping sound system in my car? The answer my friend is that I now enjoy running errands and doing things that would otherwise start to try my patience like shopping with my girlfriend.

What do I like about it?

- Cheap ($230 Canadian)
- Cooler looking that an iPod
- Less gay than an iPod
- Supports Janus DRM for all you can eat subscriptions
- Plays back WM9 VBR files at high bitrates
- Looks like a USB hard disk, just drop files an .asx or m3u playlists in and it magically works

What do I hate about it?
- Earphones suck, but then so do the iPods. I ordered a set of Shure E2C's
- Doesn't work while charging

Here's what I want my next one to do:
- 100 gig of storage
- Sync by wifi or wireless USB
- wireless bluetooth headset for a bluetooth motorcycle helmet
- wireless bluetooth or USB remote for motorcycle handlebar control
- waterproof

I'm not holding my breath on this wish list though...

On a different note, as much as we all love pyrotechnics when we're hosed, this guys is a bigger idiot than I have ever been or ever will be.

No comments: