Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Until we meet again


My friend Renée was a really great DJ and used to party with us every time my buddies and I would go up to Whistler. The picture above is a kind of a joke, that was taken in Greece on vacation a long time ago where she was served an absurd amount of meat - she knows I like my steak so she gave me that picture. Renée was a resident DJ at Max Fish in Whistler and had a whole bunch of stuff going on in Vancouver. She moved to Montreal for a few years and had a pretty rough time because of the language barrier and the low pay for DJs here so a couple of years ago she moved back out west. Last I heard from her, she was really happy to be back home, travelling a lot and things were going well for her. Last week, she had a stroke and then over the weekend she passed away. I think that she had a recurring blood clot problem with her leg and the stroke was somehow related. We're really going to miss her.

Life is short, take advantage of it while you can.
 Posted by Hello

No comments: