Sunday, November 11, 2007

January 9th, 2009

Seems so far away but it's only 14 months away. This is a big day my friends because this is the day that GWB relinquishes authority to the next elected president of the United States. That is if he doesn't dissolve parliament, jail the senate and declare a state of emergency under martial law. This of course is highly unlikely but dictatorships often start as democracies. Case in point Pakistan, Venezuela and Russia.

I'm bringing this up because I just saw the Dixie Chicks "Shut up and Sing" documentary and it raised the hairs on my neck. It is scary how easily the media conglomerates can be manipulated by a marginal special interest group. It's scarier still how somebody like Rupert Murdoch can do it legally worldwide. I guess Billy Bragg was right all along.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am only beginning to become familiar with the presidential election. Whatever happens, I really hope that Paul does not become the next American president.

Really.

Anonymous said...

you're not kidding. Billy Bragg is the most forward smart think tank around. Just say no to Hillary.