Thursday, June 15, 2006

STFU

Some people come to me for advice every now and then, usually about business or finance. What ends up happening is that I tell them what I think and they usually respond with: "of course, that's obvious, do you think I'm stupid?"

Here's the thing, maybe you're not stupid but I always assume that I'm stupid. WTF, you're probably saying. By assuming that I know nothing, I stand to gain the most by watching, asking and studying the masters at what they do best. I'm stupid because if I compare myself to the guys weaving hundred million dollar deals, I'm an idiot. Not everybody gives me good advice when I ask but I do ask and take what I want from it. The other thing is that I also take a lot of pain to make sure I learn from other people's mistakes so I don't have to do the same thing.

The moral of the story is to shut the fuck up, listen and learn. You'll learn a lot more when your mouth is closed and your ears and eyes are open.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

2 eyes, 1 mouth to be used proportionally. that is what I heard.

Anonymous said...

The Pastor's Ass

The pastor entered his donkey in a race and it won.

The pastor was so pleased with the donkey that he

entered it in the race again, and it won again. The

local paper read: ......

PASTOR'S ASS OUT FRONT

The Bishop was so upset with this kind of publicity

that he ordered the pastor not to enter the donkey in

another race. The next day, the local paper headline

read:

BISHOP SCRATCHES PASTOR'S ASS

This was too much for the Bishop, so he ordered the

pastor to get rid of the donkey. The pastor decided

to give it to a nun in a nearby convent.

The local paper, hearing of the news, posted the

following headline the next day:

NUN HAS BEST ASS IN TOWN

The Bishop fainted. He informed the nun that she would

have to get rid of the donkey, so she sold it to a

farmer for $10. The next day the paper read:

NUN SELLS ASS FOR $10

This was too much for the Bishop, so he ordered the

nun to buy back the donkey and lead it to the plains

where it could run wild. The next day the headlines

read:

NUN ANNOUNCES HER ASS IS WILD AND FREE

Alas, the Bishop was buried the next day.

MORAL OF THE STORY?

Being concerned about public opinion can bring you

much grief and misery and even shorten your life. So,

be yourself and enjoy life ... stop worrying about

everyone else's ass and you'll live longer and be a
lot happier!