Friday, December 16, 2005

Random thoughts

The Apprentice

I watched the Apprentice yesterday night and I thought I was going to be sick. There's this fellow who won who seemed to have great integrity and solid values, everybody respected him and he was a great leader. In the last minute of the show when he was given the opportunity to let the runner up win as well and win a non-competing/life changing carreer, he shut her out.

I still feel sick thinking about it. It seemed revolting seeing gangs of people in Atlanta looting and murdering in the wake of a disaster but to see an honest looking man execute a move with zero integrity made me feel disgusting, I was fooled by this guy and I realized how gullible we all are.

I wish them both well but I think that that fellow won the contest but lost the game.

XBox 360
By fluke, I got an email at 8:45 from Futureshop saying that they had 10 available today, across the street from my office. There's a massive blizzard in progress so getting there from anywhere else at rush hour is nearly impossible. So I walked across the street and bought one retail. I'll let y'all know how it goes.

Music
Here's my favorite tracks/albums of the year:

Rise Against - Siren Song Of The Counter Culture
Ladytron - Destroy Everything You Touch, International Dateline
Boysnightout - Train Wreck
Richie Hawtin - DE9: Transitions
Alexisonfire - Alexisonfire

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In order for people to keep coming back, pls. write more often. It is rather entertaining.