Wednesday, July 15, 2009

This is heartbreaking

I eat meat and wear leather and don't really have a problem fishing or raising and killing livestock as long as its done in a humane way. I have many friends who are hunters and I consider them environmentalists - sometimes fanatically so. I realize that animals in the wild aren't especially kind to each other and have seen some pretty gory animal on animal brutality first hand. I am pretty much the last person to promote vegetarian diets or anti-fur/vegan lifestyles but I have to say that the industrial and institutional levels of brutality that are routine in the delivery of consumer staples and products makes me fucking sick. I'll still wear leather and eat meat but this (below) is something we shouldn't cover up or pretend doesn't exist when we buy our fur lined parkas;


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is eye opening and very sad.

Anonymous said...

I had to stop watching...