Monday, February 28, 2005

Slednecks and powder

What happens when you get some beer, a skidoo, a waterski rope and a snowboard together on a frozen lake? Well besides racking up frequent flier ambulance miles, you get a really fun but difficult winter activity. I got to ride endless powder without hiking this past weekend, but it isn't quite as smooth as it sounds. The thing is that you have to lean way back and that's pretty hard on the legs. I can't say that I have it wired but it definately was fun. I haven't actually snowboarded on a hill for a couple of weeks so it was a welcome relief.

On a different note, these days I have been pretty focused on taking care of loose ends. You know, the kind of stuff that never gets crossed off the to do list because, well just because. It's actually pretty liberating to have all these irritating little details sorted out, things start moving a lot faster and smoother.

Has anybody else gotten knocked out by the smog? I was pretty sick for a couple of days until I got out of the city on Saturday, what a massive change it was to breath in fresh air. There have been a couple of smog warnings this winter here in Monteal, for the first time I think. The scary part was that I didn't even realize it until somebody pointed it out to me and it occurred to me that my sinus problems and breathing totally cleared up when I left the city.

St. Patricks day is in two weeks so that means that the winter is pretty much over. Too bad, I was just getting into it but it also means that two months of muddy backwoods motocrossing is coming up and I am really excited about that. I have a good feeling about the weather this summer, let's hope it pans out.

No comments: