Thursday, July 07, 2005

Londons burning

First off, my condolences to all my English friends - I know that there are a few of you that drop in here. I just don't understand the strategy behind bombing London. It seems like these extremists are just trying to stick a wedge between all Muslims and everybody else. I can't see how this is going to work because the moderate Muslims would not possibly support this kind of absurd statement of violence. So what happens then? Moderate Muslims are now speaking out to denounce these events and from what I understand are starting to work pretty hard at turning in the radical elements that hide in their midst.

While the average joe might increase his angst and distrust for all Muslims, I think that the majority of people will realize that the moderate Muslim community is being alienated from their radical element every time something like this happens and frankly they are the most important partner to minimizing these atrocities.

Sure technology and clampdowns may reduce this garbage but it will never go away as long as there is a first and third world. Even then, even rich kids express themselves violently for absurd reasons (eco terrorists, PETA...)

No comments: